Exuberant, artistic, and tech-minded, I've got a thing for diving right into process. As a designer, manager, and educator, I thrive on developing good relationships with my team and clients, creating trust that leads to empowered work centers, and excellent client referrals. I'm artistically and personally gestural, waving my hands around energetically, but I always find that quiet tech space to tinker, build and relax.
Project Manager | Artists with Machines
January, 2014 - Present
Release and coordinate production of interior and exterior dimensional decor & signage, tracking material and labor budgets for long term retail and restaurant project packages, and unique one-time deliverables.
- Lead project manager for a 26 product decor package for Wingstop, including metal and PVC elements, shipping to 300 stores over two years, continuously refining and maintaining an average 40% margin.
- Established the signature nuSTONE Faux Brick stock program for Bath & Body Works wall finishes for two years, selling over 5,000 panels across 140 stores.
- Partner with Prepress and Engineering to develop, red-line and correct shop drawings and layouts for customer approval.
- Developed complete installation instruction packages for each of the 12 accounts I manage, well-worded and displayed graphically for non-professional installers in mind.
Freelance | Danforth Studio
May, 2006 - Present
Independent graphic, web, and fine art design studio working in a variety of mediums equipped to serve residental and commercial projects, social media, and drawing the personal web comic Bananatorium.
- Lead designer for online forum Straferight for 8 years. Contributed in refreshing site color and layout, button icons, and graphic marketing banners.
- Social Media Manager for Thomas Worthington Men's Soccer - Twitter & Facebook.
- Designed a logo refresh for North Montgomery High School Basketball, including print and textile-ready images.
- Web designer for Dupler Office for 4 years, shaping their content management with Wordpress and Squarespace.
Production Manager | Creative Palette
April, 2004 - December, 2013
Managed efficient cut and build team assembling art frame components for health care and commercial clients. Established production work flow, producing between 700-1,000 frames per week, order raw material, & maintain stock inventory. Worked closely with assembly to exceed fulfillment timelines.
Operations Manager | ChoiceArt
January, 2001 - April, 2004
Production and plant operations for e-commerce custom frame art store, organizing work flow from order receiving through production and shipping. Processed customer service questions and orders from online purchases and maintained raw material inventory.
Adjunct Instructor | Columbus College of Art & Design
January, 2000 - June, 2003
Lectured and illustrated foundation painting and drawing classes. Instructed advanced painting and figure drawing classes focusing on experimenting with multiple mediums while maintaining anatomical proportions.
Visiting Instructor | The Ohio State University
September, 1994 - June, 1999
Instructed foundation and elective art students on beginning painting, drawing, and design. Blended focus on advancing art students into the program and entry overview of the arts to non-program elective students.